Difference between revisions of "Scarlet Book Timeline"
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 59:||Line 59:|
*15th day of the 9th month - presentation to pets
*15th day of the 9th month - presentation to pets
*16th day of the 9th month - Scarlet gets into fight
*16th day of the 9th month - Scarlet gets into fight
*17-20th days - detention
*17-20th days - detention
Revision as of 22:01, 12 July 2019
This is more of a scratch page than anything else. Since the Scarlet Jusenkyou books actually have a very tight timeline and continuity, I need to lay out some specific orders and finally clarify a few things I've never gotten around to needing in previous volumes. A similar system will see use in the Conri books. See: Alliance Calendar for an explanation of how the dates work.
- 1 A Basic Layout of a Scarlet Year
- 2 Book1 Timeline
- 2.1 Chapters 1-9
- 2.2 Chapters 10-17
- 3 Book2 Timeline
- 4 Book3 Timeline
- 5 Book4 Timeline
- 6 Book 5
- 7 Book Stats
- 8 See Also:
A Basic Layout of a Scarlet Year
|Month Number||Season Number||Number of Days||1st Day of month||Notable Dates|
|1st Month||1st Month of Winter||31||1||8th day of the first month: school resumes from winter break|
|2nd Month||2nd Month of Winter||30||32|
|3rd Month||3rd Month of Winter||31||61|
|4th Month||1st Month of Spring||30||1||17th Week(21s-27th) Spring break. 27th day: Resurrection Day|
|5th Month||2nd Month of Spring||31||31||15th day - Scarlet's little sister is born!|
|6th Month||3rd Month of Spring||30||62||6th day: School gets out for the summer| 13th day Spring Intertwention Day|
|7th Month||1st Month of Summer||30||1|
|8th Month||2nd Month of Summer||31||31||24th day: Scarlet's birthday!|
|9th Month||3rd Month of Summer||30||30||2nd day: school starts/first quarter starts. 13th day Summer Intertwention Day|
|10th Month||1st Month of Fall||31||1|
|11th Month||2nd Month of Fall||30||32||11/11 Darious's birthday - First Quarter of school ends| 8th day parent/teacher conferences|
|12th Month||3rd Month of Fall||31||61||13th day Fall Intertwention Day 20th day of the 12th month: School lets out for winter break. 25th day: Dawn's Reflection|
Scarlet's school is broken down into Fall and Spring semesters, further subdivided into quarters.
Summer vacation lasts 87 days, school starts on the second day of the 9th month, which is always a monday
Each Semester is 19 weeks long, the first quarter is always 9 and the second 10, with a few weeks off for various holidays.
First quarter runs from the 36th week to the 45th week
Second quarter from 46 to 51st - break for winter - 2nd week to 6th week
Third Quarter(Second Semester) 3rd to 12th week
Fourth Quarter 13th to 23rd week(actually only 9 weeks because spring break)
- First Quarter Fall Semester: 2nd day of 9th month to 1st day of 11th month
- Second Quarter Fall Semester: 4th day of 11th month to the end of the year, then resumes for 4 weeks in the new year.
103 days from start to finnish
- 9th day of the 9th month - dinner table conversation that opens book 1
- 10th day of the 9th month - field trip and fall into tomb
- 11th day of the 9th month - Scarlet gets report back
- 12th day of the 9th month - conference with principle and teacher - Scarlet misses BSM day
- 12th day of the 9th month - Scarlet meets dragons
- 12th day of the 9th month - Scarlet meets Zycrum
- 13th day of the 9th month - Scarlet told to move book
- 14th day of the 9th month - Scarlet meets Hezikah and Emmerich
- 15th day of the 9th month - presentation to pets/gardening with mom
- 16th day of the 9th month - Scarlet gets into fight/shopping with mom
- 17-20th days - detention
- 20th day of the 9th month - 1st visit with therapist
- 21st day of the 9th month - Antiquarian Symposium
- 23rd day of 9th month - Lancer Scarlet
- 25th day of 9th month - Reception, Emmerich dies
- 26th day - Scarlet is catatonic
- 27th day - 2nd visit with therapist
- 30th day of the 9th month - chapter 6 opens
- 4th day of the 10th month - 3rd visit with therapist
- 5th day of 10th month - Funeral for Emmerich
- 6th day of 10th month - first visit to research lab
- 11th day of the 10th month - 4th visit to therapist
- 17th day of the 10th month - middle school dance night
- 18th day of the 10th month - final visit to therapist
~28 days happens in here.
- 15th day of the 11th month - "I'm home from the lab" chapter 8 begins.
- 16th day of the 11th month - Breakup with Kruz//End of Chapter
- 18th day of the 11th month - Meets with Albus,
--Rewrites: beauty pageant is basically winter. When discussing travel, mention it will mean being gone for the holidays
- 20th day of the 12th month - beauty pageant
- 21st day of the 12th month - leaves for Citadel
Changes required: begins on 21st day of 12th month, needs to end on 6th day of 6th month following year, 168 days total.
- 21st day of the 12th month - scarlet leaves for the citadel
- 22nd day of the 12th month - Scarlet arrives in Sun's Beacon
- 23rd day of the 12th month - scarlet boards riverboat Scene requires revision, its winter
Chapter requires revision: Scarlet celebrates holidays on the riverboat, both Dawn's Reflection and Wash Day.
- 1st day of the 1st month - arrival in Gau
- 10th day of the 1st month - carvan leaves for Citadel
- 11th day of 1st month - 2nd day in desert
- 12th day of 1st month - 3rd day in desert, arrival at citadel
- Still 12th day of 1st month
- 13th day of 1st month - wakes up at citadel
- 21st day of the 1st month - end of chapter
- 22nd day of the 1st month - Scarlet meets Naomi
- 23rd day of the 1st month - next morning
~some weeks of exploration~
- 7th day of the 2nd month - Scarlet kills valentine, leaves citadel Section deserves some revision, it is now early einter
- 8th day of 2nd month - chapter starts
- 8th day - 1st full day in desert
- 9th day - 2nd day in desert - Friday
- 10th day - 3rd day in desert
- 11th day of the 2nd month - vision in desert, finding oasis
- 12st day of the 2nd month - scarlet reaches river
- 22nd day of 2nd month - boat arrives in Uddin
- 23rd day of 2nd month - full day in uddin, decides to go for it
- 24th day of 2nd month - sets off for feast
- 3 days of difficult rowing, making it 27th day of 2nd month -- edits obtw its WINTER
- 28th day of the 2nd month - scarlet travels only 9 miles
- 5th day of the 3rd month - meets Arisa // getting closer to spring
- 6th day of the 3rd month - lake, and giant waterfall
- 7th day of the 3rd month - first look at Oncar
- 9th day of the 3rd month - vision with arisa
- Three Months Later break
- 6th day of the 6th month - hunting scene, meets Nalfagoer - edits might mention its the first day of summer vacation? - Also might work a bit on meeting scene
- 7th day of the 6th month - edge of broken tabletop
- 8th day of the 6th month - flight across the tabletop
- 9th day of the 6th month - finding Arisa's spear
- End of 9th day, the tabletop is crossed, 60 miles closer to Feast
- 23rd day of the 6th month - reach feast of aeons
- 28th day of the 6th month - hiking around the feast
- 29th day of the 6th month - planning session
- 30th day of the 6th month - setting down onto the feast
- Night of the 30th day - final battle
- 1st day of the 7th month - meets nalfagoer and start down river
- 7th day of the 7th month - Arrival at civilization
- 9th day of the 7th month - safe arrival home, book ends.
- 9th day of the 7th month - Scarlet arrived back home
Until I figure out a timeline, I'm just going to chart all of the events. The early chapters may require a significant rewrite.
Could cram all of these in to one fun-filled thursday:
- Unique and Beautiful Objects
- meeting with new school principle
- First therapy appointment
- Meeting with Antiquarian Society - Some revision required, school hasn't started yet.
- Forging scene with Nal, could be day after chapter 1/dinner same night
- Nalfagoer's reunion - could also use some revision and better staging
- 2nd day of the 9nth month - first day of school
- 20th day of 8th month - Scarlet leaves(4 days before her birthday)
- 2nd day of 9th month - scalret misses first day of school, gets kicked out of Briarwood
- 14th day of 11th month - book actually starts Notes mention that while the calendar says late fall its really early fall because the seasons do not match the months, still, its cold!!
- 16th day of 11th month - awakens in cave
- 18th day of 11th month - sets off for surface
- 25th day of 11th month - escapes from cave
- 29th day of 11th month - centaurs
- 30th day of 11th month - leaves centaurs
- 13th day of 12th month - sights Lake Bentika - friday the 13th
- 16th day of 12th month - paddle to island Note might mention its nearly winter and cold AF. Lake Bentika don't freeze but being on a kayak in normal clothes in late fall ain't pleasant.
- 17th day of 12th month - first morning on the island
- 21st day of 12th month - "For four days, Scarlet roamed the ruins" - finds body
~Celebrates holidays on the island ouch~
- 8th dat of 1st month - "At the end of three weeks, Scarlet had become numb to the subtle horrors of the ruined Marconian city"
- 11th day of 1st month - Scarlet ventures into burial vaults
- 14th day of 1st month - finds Gnarra's tomb
- 15th day of 1st month - leaves Bentika
- 30th day of 2nd month - Now on the Nara River, she had passed all of the difficult bits and reached the Blue Nara
- 14th day of the 3rd month - Scarlet arrives in Zathra and starts her way home
- 16th day of 3rd month - Scarlet arrives home
- 17th day of 3rd month - Scarlet starts new school
- 22nd day of 3rd month - "Between homework and chores, Scarlet had barely had time to think. When Saturday came, she didn’t even know what to do with herself. " - Meets Ammon
- 23rd day of 3rd month - Ammon library kiss
- 28th day of 3rd month - history teacher conversation on plagerism - laptop shopping - Ammon Meets Scarlet's parents
- 29th day of 3rd month - Scarlet Meets Ammon's Parents, looks at lake pictures
- 30th day of 3rd month - Scarlet meets Katy
- 31st day of 3rd month - visit with Nal
- 5th day of 4th month - "The Saturday ritual involved a lot of walking in circles and chanting"
- 6th day of 4th month - second meeting with Katy
- 12th day of 4th month - dragon forge with katy
- 19th day of 4th month - family leaves on vacation
- 20th day of 4th month - 2nd day of vacation, family lost in woods
- 21st day of 4th month - Family sets off for coast
- 23rd day of 4th month - "Two days later"
- 3rd day of 5th month - Scarlet receives tablets
- 4th day of 5th month - scarlet visits Tortuga "It being Sunday, Scarlet waited until afternoon."
- 10th day of the 5th month - chapter starts
- 11th day of the 5th month - visits Tortuga again, agrees to start paladin training
- 12th day of 5th month - first day of paladin training
- 15th day of the 5th month - chapter opens
- 17th day of 5th month - cutting stuff with Katy
- 23rd day of 6th month - "The weeks stretched by. Her progress was slowed because she wanted to spend more time with Ammon."
- "Scarlet entered the small shop and sauntered up to the counter, " - dragonite scene really needs to be rethought, it takes place in the morning so has to be on a weekend
- "Scarlet’s history teacher was a nice fellow" scene also needs to be moved, its summer now
- 5th day of 7th month - dinner with all 4 parents and Tortuga! - also could stand to move further back
- 6th day of 7th month - "With a long sigh, Scarlet threw a sheet over the tablets,"
- 7th day of 7th month - "snake" scene, last day of paladin training(may need to move around)
Since its pretty clear I need to do some rewrites to accomodate other issues with the timeline, I am instead going to number the days and work out the end-date to match up with the start of book 4.
- Chapter 12
- 1 - Scarlet comes home from last day of training with Tortuga(must be a thursday)
- 2 - Scarlet cuts school to visit Tortuga, visits him in the morning then again after school - "On Friday after school, Scarlet had her very last meeting with Tortuga. " - Scarlet's last date with Ammon(talk about a rich full day)
- 3 - Ammon breaks up with Scarlet in text message
- Chapter 13
- 4 - Sunday, Scarlet sleeps till noon - Rewrite depending on proximity to birthday
- 5 - Scarlet boards riverboat
- 6 - travel
- 7 - travel
- 8 - Travel
- Chapter 14
- 9 - Arrives at stopover on River, gets off and takes off by herself.
- 10 - Paddle up river "A day’s paddle up-river and she reached the inlet"
- 11 - Canal
- 12 - Sees Citadel wall, wades into water just after sundown
- 13 - Aqueduct swim - "At mid-day, Scarlet pulled herself out from the aqueduct and stretched out" - entire rest of book
If we start on the 15th day of the 8th month, Scarlet becomes Pendragon on the 27th day. This makes day 10 her birthday, so some rewrites to mention that are important.
- 21st day of 8th month, Scarlet becomes Pendragon
- 22nd day of 8th Month - triumphant return to Arindell, end of book 3
- 23rd day of 8th month - chapter 1 opens with Saber showing Scarlet around Enclave, meeting her staff
- 24th day - Scarlet got her gun,
- Still 24th day of 8th month - mall "date" with Darryl
- 25th day of 8th month - Pendragon's Inspection
- 1st day of 9th month - Shooting practice, cuddling with Darryl - "The timing of events in Scarlet’s life of late had not been fantastic."
- 2nd day of 9th month - first day of school, Scarlet
- 14th day of 9th month - “All right, you, young lady, are being entirely too antisocial,”
- 25th day of the 9th month - helmet scene - “Could we talk about why the Pendragon is wearing a helmet to the breakfast table?”
- 27th day of 9th month - “As summer draws to a close, I thought we might like to begin a few of the Trials,”
- 28th day - Trial of Endurance fail
- 29th day - drawing session with Darryl/punching session with Saber
- Status: Scarlet's mom is by now around ~8 weeks pregnant
- 6th day of 10th month - Golfing with Dad
- 17th day of the 19th month - dish "washing", shiny armor night, visit with katy's mom
- 19th day of the 10th month - visit to craftsmen's city.
- 21st day of 10th month - library crawl
- 22nd day finish crawl
- 26th day of the 10th month - trip to Sun's Beacon, Dotsen, street race
- 27th day of the 10th month - Warsong
- 28th day of the 10th month - return to Arindell, cutting scene
- 2nd day of 11th month - family reunion
- 3rd day of 11th month - Scarlet is told of civil war, meets with her dad and Relend's mom, rewrite scene with dad to mention baby.
- Meeting Gailen
- 4th day of 11th month - visit to Hezikah and discusion of chakras
- 8th day of 11th month - visit with katy as filler
- 16th day of 11th month - consult with necrosages
- 17th day of 11th month - final drawing scene
- 11th day of 11th month - Darryl's Birthday write this scene
- 19th day of 11th month - Shock Light, school attempted shooting
- 20th day of 11th month - Finding Darious, book ends
Book 4 ends on the 20th day of the 11th month. Scarlet's little sister is born on the 15th day of the 5th month of the next year. This puts it before summer vacation, so she's had a chance to meet the baby before heading up to camp.
Need to move
- Maryn and Serena visit Scarlet in Enclave, see Scarlet's corset, Maryn catches Pierce with his honey
- 11th day of 11th month - Darious's b-day
- 13th day of 12th month - "wash day party"
- 19th day of the 12th month - fall concert, Scarlet gets drunk, "Weird night" - train leaves for Long Lake late that evening
For quick reference:
- book1 - 122,000 words - 246 pages
- book2 - 133,313 words - 260 pages
- book3 - 109,228 words - 216 pages
- book4(unfinished) 6/11/2019 -