This is actually a page for information unrelated to the Course Books and exists so that I can keep track of some information that is sometimes hard to find.
Information and Story Notes
Ourorboros: the snake that eats its own tail. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros
Fix File Sharing on Windows 7
Go to Start -> Run and type secpol.msc
Go to: Local Policies > Security Options
Find "Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level"
Mine wasn't set to anything when I found it, so you may have to fiddle with it a bit, I set it to "Send LI & NTLM responses" and it worked, the documentation that led me to this said to use "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated".
Make Windows 7 Taskbar Behave like XP
Right-click, choose Properties
Check Lock the Taskbar and Use Small Icons
Change Taskbar Buttons to Never Combine
Unpin anything 'pinned' to the taskbar by right-clicking and selecting Unpin.
Add Quick Launch to Windows 7
To add the toolbar back, you’ll want to right-click on an open area of the taskbar, and choose Toolbars \ New Toolbar from the menu. You should probably also unlock the taskbar at this point. Toolbars --> New Toolbar --> Paste this into the application part:
%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Move the toolbar Back to the Left.
Right Click somewhere in Quick Launch, turn off Show Titles and Show Text.
System unattended sleep timeout
- Click on the windows icon
- Type regedit
- Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
- Double click on Attributes
- Enter number 2.
- Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings).
- Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable
- Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.