MRPG Stats OLD
Mage Wars works around 5 specific character stats that are increased through leveling and through equipped items.
- Strength (STA)
- Speed (SPD)
- Intelligence (INT)
- Stamina (STA)
- Dexterity (DEX)
Stats are used in combat and to determine if the player meets requirements for certain items.
- Strength: Determines how hard you strike when attacking, how much weight you can carry, and can effect how much damage your spells do.
- Speed: How fast you can attack, how quickly you can reload ranged weapons, how fast you can switch weapons in combat, and adds to the amount of times you can combo.
- Intelligence: Used by mages in combat, determines how smart your character is, part of transcription. Used to determine what spells you can cast.
- Stamina: Determines maximum HP, various other things.
- Dexterity: Used in AV-calculation heavily, ranged attacks, dodge and evade.
Stats and Facets
Some Facets have minimum stat requirements.
Some items may incorporate stat-checks to determine if the wielder is worthy.
For the player, evenly distributing stats will give them a more versatile role, while focusing on a single stat may make their character better at a specific task.
Stat Modifiers are not commonly used, but provide bonuses here and there. The modifier is equal to the amount of the stat divided by 5.
So, a character with 15 Strength would have a modifier of 3.
Mods are not commonly used, so keep an eye out for them.